Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tia the Turkey

Hailey and I went to Tia's Thanksgiving program at school yesterday. I dressed Tia in the famous turkey dress that my sister in law passed down to us. It was perfect because Tia played the part of the turkey! Her teacher read a story and whenever she said the word "turkey" Tia's aide held a communication switch for Tia to push that said "Gobble, Gobble, Gobble". It was so cute! Tia laughed every time she got to gobble. After the program we had a "dinner"; turkey, stuffing and everything. You gotta love a school program that includes a full thanksgiving feast at 11:30 on a Wed. :0)
We spent a couple of hours hanging out in Tia's classroom afterward. There are some very disabled kids in her class that are medically fragile. Hailey was so cute, she stood next to one little girl and talked to her and rubbed her leg, it was so sweet! You would think that a 2 year old would either be scared of the medical equipment or pull on the ventilator tube or something. Hailey spent quite a while with this little girl and got great pleasure in the fact that she would smile when Hailey talked to her, absolutely priceless. I was so engrossed in watching the interaction that I didn't think to take a picture. I did get pictures of Tia the Turkey! It was a very fun day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Hailey has such a brightness about her :-)
It is so good to reconnect with Andrew! I love what you've done with your family!

Paul n Lea Larsen said...

What a great window into Tia's day at school. Even though it wasn't a regular look at her classroom, I love seeing the people who work with her, and, of course, watching Tia. I appreciate your review about Tia and her past. She is such a sweet child.
Love, Grandma Larsen