Trying to get everyone to stay still for a picture is very difficult!

OK, I was checking my blog for the first time in forever and noticed that for some reason I skipped over Hailey's sealing day. It's official, I have lost my mind... Hailey was sealed to us in the Provo Temple on November 15, 2008. We had her blessing at the church then a lunch afterward. It was a sweet and special day (except for the fact that I was sick as a dog with strep throat). For those of you that wondered where I was most of the luncheon, Tia HATES the church building, we have no idea why. Our friend Thomas was playing the piano for her in the Relief Society room and she stayed happy for a very long time. Hailey then fell asleep in Claire's arms (so sweet!). So, I just kind of parked myself there with Tia and Hailey. (I really felt like crudola from the strep). We are very relieved that Hailey's adoption and sealing are finally done, it took forever. It was a wonderful experience, having all of our children there in the Temple with us, I had a great feeling that my sweet mom was there with us also. (oh crap, I'm crying again!). The feeling and the knowledge that families are eternal and that our loved ones that are no longer on this earth are not as far away from us as it feels. That feeling is such a comfort to me. It was really cool for us to have Andrew standing in the circle as Cody gave Hailey her blessing. This event was bittersweet, knowing that Hailey is our last child. It is a weird, yet comfortable, feeling.
3 comments:
What an amazing day it was! I'm so happy we could be a part of it. Thanks! We love y'all!
Julie! It's yer Cousin Erik. Shirley gave me this blogspot... you have a great family. :)
Get in touch with me... It's been forever~!
I couldn't find your email... I'm on Facebook.com (in a santa hat), or direct at: reekchaa(aaat)yahoo(dot)com
-Erik Jamison, hoping to hear from you soon :)
The sealing was wonderful...I'm still so glad it all worked out. You have a beautiful family...and I agree, it is a strange but good feeling to know that your family is complete. Love ya!
Post a Comment