Monday, February 23, 2009

It's a Boy!!

January 30th, 2009 - 4 months old This is the picture from the website... so cute!!!
We are "having" a baby! Joshua Jamison was born Sept. 23, 2008 in Brooklyn NY. (Joshua is what his birth mom named him, we decided to keep it. Jamison is my mom's maiden name) I saw his picture on the Spence-Chapin website (the same agency that placed Hailey with us). We found out on Friday 2/20 that his birth mom chose us and she signed all the papers!! Now, with all of the "red tape" involved with going out to New York to pick him up, we should be heading out there the 2nd or 3rd week of March.
We have felt for a while that we were missing someone in our family and we knew that it was a boy so we are very excited to have found him and bring him home. For those of you that are shocked by this turn of events, join the club :) As I said, we knew that we were probably going to have 1 more child but until I saw this baby I didn't admit my very strong feelings about it to Cody. We had "joked" about it but when I sent this little one's picture to Cody at work, he said "I always KNEW that we would have one more and it would be a boy". When we started comparing notes with each other, we had all felt this way we were just too nervous to bring up the subject. After all, we do have 6 kids! :) Even Cody Joe has felt that someone was missing and was relieved and excited that we found him. It is funny, This has been the most peaceful that we have ever felt about an adoption. Usually we are running around like crazy and nervous that something will go wrong and that we won't "get the baby". This time we felt an amazing peace and calm about the whole situation, knew for a fact that he was ours, and didn't worry at all about the birth mom making her decision or signing papers. It has been a very strong testament to the gift of the Spirit and that when something is right, it is right and that's it! (even if it means child #7 :) I will try very hard to keep an update here about when we are leaving and such.

7 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

He is darling!!! I'm so glad you found him and things are going so smoothly. Keep us updated! YAY!

Alice said...

Congrats Julie! He is adorable! I am glad things are going so smoothly.

Becca said...

Holy Cow!!!! I'm so excited for you!! He's adorable and he's a lucky boy to be able to be in your family!!! Good luck with everything! Keep us posted!!! We are excited for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow and wow! What a beautiful addition to your family. I love his name. This is another amazing blessing to the Larsens :-) I miss you!

Paul n Lea Larsen said...

Julie, We don't really like finding out this way but congratulations. Do you want us to "baby" sit while you go to NY? Let us know. Congratulations!!!

Paul n Lea Larsen said...

Ohhhh Julie, Cody! This is amaizing. Another wonderful blessing. He is so beautiful. I am shocked, but I am also excited. You say you will go to New York to pick him up in March? That is so soon. How wonderful that the whole family is feeling the same way - that this little guy belongs in your family. I believe he does too. We love you. -Grandma Lea

Erik Jamison said...

What a beauty boy! ...And he's about the same age of our final boy... Trezor Jamison, born 7-8-08.

What a last name decision, too! :)