Monday, September 8, 2008

Bean's first day of school

Bean started all day pre-school on Sept 2nd. She goes from 9 am to 5 pm. Bean's psychiatrist, as well as her social worker, insisted that she go all day. Children with Reactive Attachment Disorder do best if they are in a very structured, scheduled environment. It takes the "emotional pressure" off of her since she is not trying to "bond" with anyone at school. So far, it is going well. It is weird for me to leave her there all day, but due to the disorder, Bean is doing great! She really loves it and goes all day without even asking about us. Her neurological issues continue to amaze and baffle me, this is a very odd disorder. The good news is, Bean is happy and content with her new school. On a side note: She got the cast taken off her arm today... Yeah!! Her first comment was, "Now we can go to the park!" Hmmmmm, I don't think so.

3 comments:

Genie said...

Julie,

I have learned more about your family in the last 10 minutes than I have in the last five years. Thank you so very much for sharing this blog with us.

Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Silly that I can keep up with blogging better than anything else...not that that's saying anything incredible! I miss you. Check our blog. ferrinfamily.blogspot.com

Danielle Thompson said...

She looks pretty happy about the school thing--how are you doing with it? Your house must be so much quieter (is that a word?) after the crazy and eventful summer you had. We really need to hook up for dinner soon--It's been way too long!