Andrew was ordained an Elder (by Cody) today. The High Councilman gave Andrew the best advice for a brand new Elder, he said "You have new important responsibilities, take them very seriously but don't worry yourself to death about it. Our gospel is wonderfully simple, don't complicate it". I just loved that advice, I have often thought about that as I have watched people flash their "Priesthood Authority" around. I have often pondered what we will be judged on after this life... I think that we are going to be surprised. We are so proud of Andrew and have every confidence that he will use his "new gift" well.
4 comments:
WOW!! Congrats Andrew!!
What a wonderful time of your life. You are so blessed.
We love you
The Barretts
Congrats Andrew!! How exciting!!! You are an awesome talented guy who will do lots of good in the world!! Way to go!!
Way to go Andrew! We have always been impressed by what a good and faithful person you are. Hooray for you!
What a glorious day! As Thomas was giving Lane a blessing last night, I thought, again, what an honor it is to have my sons honor their priesthood! Can I make a suggestion? When Thomas was ordained he was told to give me a blessing...that should be the first blessing he gives and to do it soon. It was an experience beyond words. I love you all!!!!
Post a Comment