Monday, August 10, 2009

Andrew's "Farewell"

Elder Larsen The Provo Temple
"Ta-Da!"---MTC Cody and Julie
~The Larsen Men~
Andrew with Grandma and Grandpa Larsen
Andrew with the Eldredge's
The boys!
Andrew, Grandpa (Julie's Dad) and Mom
Andrew with mom and dad
The Larsen Fam!
The Larsen Fam with Grandpa
Everybody!
Andrew spoke in Sacrament meeting on Sunday, the 9th. He gave a very nice talk and it sounds like he is well on his way to "Missionary greatness" :0). I sang a solo "Lord, I Would Follow Thee", with Andrew accompanying me on the piano (I'm going to miss our little "jam sessions"). Andrew makes up the most amazing piano arrangements just looking at the hymn book, he just makes it up as he goes along. (for those of you that were there on Sunday, all he had in front of him was the page from the hymn book printed from the church website, cool huh? (I have to brag a little, I feel very lucky to be his mom). Andrew is so talented and has a great capacity for loving unconditionally and is very accepting of everyone. He has a strong testimony of the Savior and the incredible sacrifice that He made for us and I know that he is anxious to share it. I think that he will love serving the Lord and teaching the gospel to the people in the Dominican Republic.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I had no idea Andrew could play like that. I mean I know he's good, but to make it up as he goes....that's awesome! He did a great job on Sunday, He'll make an amazing missionary!

-J said...

All our best to Andrew! In reply to your facebook message, Julie, we would LOVE to visit with you when you come out this way! Great to hear of your life a bit on this blog. I need to update ours - I've been lazy/busy for the last few weeks (months?)!

-Jim Larsen

Warmington's said...

I am so sad that we could not come to Andrew's farwell! I hope the best and even though we weren't there our thoughts and prayers were there, if only in spirit. I know he will be one of the best missionaries! Miss all of you and hope all is going as well as possible with all the challenges happening!

Becky :-)