
Yeah! The first day of school has come at last! The kids are always so excited to go back to school, this year was no exception. Cody Joe, Zach and Tia started on Wednesday August 19th; then Krista started on August 26th. I got a call from the principal the day before Krista started school "inviting Krista to attend extended day Kindergarten", so she goes to school all day as well. All of the kids have fabulous teachers so everyone is very happy Zachary got the 3rd grade teacher that he "prayed for all summer and had a dream that he got her for his teacher", too cute! Cody Joe had the same 3rd grade teacher as well so we know how wonderful she is. Zachary was diagnosed with ADD during the summer, after having all of the evaluations done at the end of last school year. He has started on medication and is doing really well! His Dr. put him on an ADD med that is not a "stimulant" (i.e.- Ritalin, Adderall...). Zach is doing very well, because he is so much less overwhelmed with
everything. The year is off to a great start for everyone except poor Tia, who quite possibly has the worst bus driver in the school district. One day, Tia was left at school (her teacher was nice enough to bring her home) because the driver told her teacher that I would be picking her up for a Dr.'s appointment after school (Which was not the case, and I definitely didn't tell the driver that). Today, she didn't bother to even pick Tia up for school! She has forgotten to pick Tia up several times over the past 2 years and when we don't come running out to get her from the bus in the afternoon (because we don't hear it right away or I am changing a diaper or something). She has left Tia on the walkway in front of our steps once and left her on the driveway after banging her fist on our garage door the other time. Neither time did she even bother to set Tia's wheelchair brakes, she just left her at the top of the driveway and was getting in the bus to drive away when I got outside. This woman definitely needs a new job! Transporting severely disabled children is obviously not "her cup of tea". I addressed the issue with the principal last year, he told her that I "complained" about her and she refused to speak or look at me for almost 2 months. Sigh, the situation makes me tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment