Thursday, March 18, 2010

More surgeries...

Tia and Josh both had surgery on Tuesday March 16th
Before... This is Tia's "Marilyn Monroe" look :0)
Tia had tubes put back in her ears and her tonsils taken out. The Dr. said that she had VERY large tonsils and a huge bunch of scar tissue in her right ear (from so may infections) the tube from the last set was embedded in it. I think that she will feel a lot better now... yeah!
We only got "after" pictures of Joshy, it was pretty tricky to get 2 kids in there at the same time. With Josh going home after surgery and Tia staying overnight. Josh had ear tubes placed (after 9 ear infections in 1 year) and his adenoids removed. The Dr. said that his adenoids were completely blocking off his nasal cavity, poor squashy :0( He had RSV last month, he gets croup every time he gets sick and he has had 3 different antibiotics in the past 2 weeks to try to clear up the latest ear infections. When the Dr. put the tubes in, his ears were still full of fluid and super swollen :0(
Tia all set up in her hospital room, they had a regular hospital bed set up for her when we got up there. I tried very hard not to break out in hysterical laughter when I saw it, I managed to explain the need for the fully enclosed bed without laughing. I had this very clear image of Tia jumping out of bed and crawling down the hall dragging her IV behind her in the middle of the night :0). She ended up doing SO well after surgery that we talked the Dr. into letting her come home, we knew that both she and I would be a lot more comfortable at home overnight.
Joshy is trying to stay awake long enough to drink some Pediasure

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

Glad everyone is home and doing well! Any hits on your house yet?

Anonymous said...

What would we have done even 25 years ago? 50? Scary! Some of us really need the benefits of the advances in mental and physical health car!!!!!!
Kiss them both for me :)
Lovies