Sunday, November 7, 2010
Update #2
Nov 6th - A.M. Papa still has the breathing tube but it is set to CPAP so he is doing the breathing on his own, the ventilator isn't doing any of the work anymore. His blood pressure has been high off and on, after dialysis they will draw a blood gas to check his respiratory function then extubate him today or tomorrow.
P.M. - The Dr. is concerned that there are no "bowel sounds" yet and they may have to leave the breathing tube in a while longer until he is more stable.
After dialysis his blood pressure was better and there were some bowel sounds, yeah! He had a fever of 103 so they gave him some more antibiotics.
In the evening, he was a lot stronger moving his arms and legs around, his blood sugar was good. I stayed at the hospital until 2:00 am then I noticed that I was starting to get a sore throat so I came back to my dad's house to get some sleep.
Nov 7th - I woke up at 3:00 PM after sleeping for 12 hours straight! It was pretty obvious when I got up that I was very sick with strep throat. Obviously I couldn't go to the hospital.
While I was sleeping, they were able to remove the breathing tube YEAH!!! Later in the evening, they removed the gastric tube as well. Now, he just has oxygen through a nasal cannula, like at home. He is still very weak and his incision is sore but he is so much more comfortable with the breathing tube removed.
He will be in the hospital for a while longer, they aren't sure exactly how long. He will start physical therapy either tomorrow or Tuesday, since he has been down for so long they want him to be pretty careful getting up and around. Compared to a few days ago he has made a TREMENDOUS improvement! Whew!
Side note: I went to "Insta-care" and got a prescription, I have tonsillitis (of course). They said that I can go back to the hospital tomorrow, after I have been on the antibiotic for 24 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is such good news! Glad he is doing better! We are keeping him in our prayers!
Post a Comment